doubt in reading spool dataset using ISFCALLS

IBM's Command List programming language & Restructured Extended Executor

doubt in reading spool dataset using ISFCALLS

Postby gokulNmf » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to read the the spool detail of a particular step; i want to read the SYSUT2 of the step IVMP030. But i am unable think of logic to locate this dataset in rexx.Please find the Dataset display in spool(sdsf, st, ?)
DDNAME   StepName
JESMSGLG JES2     
JESJCL   JES2     
JESYSMSG JES2     
SYSUT2   IVMP030 
SYSPRINT IVMP030 

This is because; the ISFDSNAME and ISFDDNAME(in order) is as below
*.*.JOB34633.D0000003.JESJCL
SYS00149
*.*.JOB34633.D0000004.JESYSMSG
SYS00150
*.*.JOB34633.D0000102.?
SYS00151
*.*.JOB34633.D0000103.?
SYS00152

The ds name for the step IVMP030 is not complete and also the DD name is different from the one that appears in spool.
for eg: the ddname in spool in SYSUT2 but the ISFDDNAME is SYS00151.

Please let me know hwo to proceed on this issue.
Cheers,
Gokul
gokulNmf

Re: doubt in reading spool dataset using ISFCALLS

Postby Viswanathchandru » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Hello Gokul,

I really can't understand your thoughts. I may not be upto the level to understand your terminology. But people here(guru's) cant help you on the logic because its your thought. The right way would be searching the manual or you can search for very similar threads posted here in this forum. You have exact scripts in this forum to help you but its not advisable to take it straight away rather than understanding. If you don't have enough time in doing these here is the Education link (topic 15) will give you the exact way of browsing the dataset in spoolhttp://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/stgv1r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iea.zos/zos/1.9/Simplification/zOSV1R9_Simplification_SDSFREXX/player.html. Please post the script here so that we can understand better of what you need. Apologize if I or my thoughts are wrong!

Regards,
Viswa
Viswanathchandru

Postby Robert Sample » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:53 pm

If your site is running z/OS 1.9 or later, there is a Redbook called Implementing REXX Support in SDSF which would be good for you to read as it probably tells you everything you need to know to do what you want to do.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby gokulNmf » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:46 am

First of all Thank you Viswanathchandru and Robert Sample for taking time to reply.
My problem is
1) if you see the display panel in the first post, there is ddname and stepname. Which has the actuall ddname and stepname as in the JCL.
2)Through ISFCALLS in REXX i am trying to read the ddnames using the ISFDDNAME and the result is SYS00151 and SYS00152 which is same as the DDname in JCl.

Due to this i am having problem in identifying the DDNAME which i need to copy through rexx. Thses ddnames SYS00151 and SYS00152 change for different jobs.
Cheers,
Gokul
gokulNmf

Postby Viswanathchandru » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello Gokul,

If the script is addressed with ISFDDNAME i believe you would be able to retrieve the DD names in the spool jobs. I may be wrong. To understand better please post your snipet here. Apologize if I or my thoughts are wrong!

Regards,
Viswa
Viswanathchandru

Postby gokulNmf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Viswanathchandru,
Thank you for taking time. Now its working fine, the mistake i commited :oops: is that i dint used the stem name properly.
i issuied
ADDRESS SDSF "ISFACT ST TOKEN('"TOKEN.IX"') PARM(NP ?)"

and was looking for the ddnames in ISFDDNAME.

What is learnt is :shock: :-
if i am issuing
ADDRESS SDSF "ISFACT ST TOKEN('"TOKEN.IX"') PARM(NP SA)"

then the stem variable name is ISFDDNAME.. etc. i.e., the stem variable name starts with "ISF"

if i am issuing
ADDRESS SDSF "ISFACT ST TOKEN('"TOKEN.IX"') PARM(NP ?)"

then the stem variable name is just DDNAME.. etc. i.e., the stem variable name dosent have any prefix.
Cheers,
Gokul
gokulNmf

Return to CLIST & REXX