Soc7 error

Get solution for your ABEND Codes & System Error Messages, SQL Codes, File Status etc...

Soc7 error

Postby avijay4 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Hii all,

A production billing job is abended with soc7 error with u0999 return code.to resolve this issue i copied the abended job element into my test pds and did cob trace on and ran the job but the job rans successfully with out any error, and again i ran the same job with cobtrace off on the cobol element this time i got the soc7 error like in production.need your suggestions on this isuue.

thanks,
avijay4

Re: Soc7 error

Postby BillyBoyo » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Which compiler and operating system are you using? What do you mean by "did cob trace on"? My guesses on those is that you are using something very old.

As to why it abends/doesn't abend, my first thought would be that you have program code or data being overwritten, and by doing whatever the trace does, different program code or is now being overwritten and you don't get the S0C7.

You are lucky that you get the S0C7 outside of Production. All you have to do now is solve that dump. If you are unsure of how to do that, ask your seniors or your technical support. Especially with this type of situation, it is difficult to dump-solve on a forum.
BillyBoyo
Global moderator

Postby avijay4 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:46 pm

I am using Z/0s operating system,and project specified compilation tool. My doubt is why the job runs succesfully when i use "cobtrace on" for the abending cobol element.why it is thowed error when i noramlly compile and link the element with out any cobtrace activity, In my view cobtarce is just for dispalying the program flow in spool if am not wrong?
avijay4

Postby avijay4 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Is there any option to find out the problem occured cobol code ,with out using of offset code method..because compile listing is not available for my files.
avijay4

Postby Terry Heinze » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:51 pm

avijay4,
Please do not post the same question in multiple forums.
.... Terry
Terry Heinze

Return to ABENDS & SQL Codes