How to get a Trace Dump of DEBUG

Support for IBM Debug Tool, Utilities and Advanced Functions

How to get a Trace Dump of DEBUG

Postby Guru2222 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 am

Hi,

Can any one help me in finding a way to get the complete trace of Debug in a File.

Basically I would like to avoid going in to Debug line by line or trace for a perticular variable. Instead would be great to have the complete dump of Trace in a file with the field values at each line. This allows me to filter the trace and build a report showcasing the desired change of values.

I work in production support and use Debugger intensively. So when ever I resreach on an issue and find a solution for the problem, I had to capture lot of screen shots of Debug to show where the problem has occured.
Guru2222

Re: How to get a Trace Dump of DEBUG

Postby prino » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Run Debug Tool in batch with, untried as I've only ever used PL/I's PLITEST and that was more than a decade ago, an "AT CHANGE whatever CALL procedure" option to print the variable to be followed. Don't think you will get statement numbers for this...
Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
prino

Re: How to get a Trace Dump of DEBUG

Postby Guru2222 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:58 am

Robert Thanks for Responding. Can you detail on your solution on how to use it.

I am looking for a option in Debug where I will get the Complete Report line by line in a file instead of me going in to debug and using At change to trace a variable.
Guru2222

Return to IBM Debug Tool