find scheduled bach files

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

Re: find scheduled bach files

Postby hadi salmabadi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Do not believe it?
I swear to tell the truth
mr prino. I am the administrator site
hadi salmabadi

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:55 pm

OK for the language barrier
but trying to post clear question is a due courtesy to people
who spend their free time trying to help You
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort
enrico-sorichetti
Global moderator

Postby Akatsukami » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 pm

hadi salmabadi wrote:Do not believe it?
I swear to tell the truth
mr prino. I am the administrator site

Given the number of instances on this and other boards where it is clear that uneducated people have been hired by greedy executives at a fraction of the salary paid to competent professionals, to fill positions that they are utterly unqualified for, I find this quite believable indeed.

You must realize, Hadi-kun, that you have taken so big a bite that you will choke on it. We will answer specific questions, but we will not -- cannot -- teach you to be a system programmer in five easy lessons (or even fifty very difficult ones).

Since you evidently received no turnover and don't know anything about the nature of your system, I recommend that you (and your staff, if you have one) begin by taking an inventory of every PDS(E) that might be a load library, with particular attention paid to SYS1 data sets.
"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!" -- what I say to a junior programmer at least once a day
Akatsukami
Global moderator

Postby Robert Sample » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:31 pm

If you have told the truth about your situation, you have been set up to fail. It is not possible to become a systems programmer without a great deal of study and learning. And if you don't even know the tools available at your site, then you don't really have much of an entry point to figure things out.

To (again) answer your original questions, there may -- or may not -- be any scheduling software running at your site. Only someone working at your site can know for sure, by looking for the various software packages. And there is usually, but not always, some job management system (such as SDSF or E(JES) or ...) available on the site, but again only someone working at the site can tell you thiis. Without such tools, it may not be possible to scheudle jobs nor to look at old job output.

The bottom line is that the answers to both of your questions depend upon what is installed at the site and nobody on this forum can help you determine that.
Robert Sample
Global moderator

Postby hadi salmabadi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks for your help
Thank you all friends.
hadi salmabadi

Postby dick scherrer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:53 am

Hello and welcome to the forum,

If there is a "job" that there is concern what will happen when it runs, find that job, identify what it does and act accoringly.

Most "production" is run from some kind of JCL or PROCedure library - whether thru formal scheduling software or submitted manually.

Are there other people who have worked on the system longer than you have? Possibly one of them can help identify where the programs and execute info is stored.

If there is a chance that someone has placed one or more time-bombs, it may well be in the organization's best interest to hire someone to come in for a while to help you learn and make sure everything that matters is backed up and is safe.
Hope this helps,
d.sch.
dick scherrer
Global moderator

Postby Pedro » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:33 am

Use SDSF to view active started tasks or possible long running jobs. Select each one in turn and view its output looking for identifying messages. Look for one that is submitting jobs. When you find it, look at the datasets that it has allocated.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Previous

Return to TSO & ISPF