TSO LOGON Procedure

TSO Programming, ISPF, SDF, SDSF and PDF, FTP, TCP/IP Concepts, SNA & SNA/IP etc...

TSO LOGON Procedure

Postby BharathKadhir » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Greetings Everyone,
I would like to know how TSO LOGON Procedure works in the back end and where it has been defined

Also Please say how a particular option is added in the ISPF Panel

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath K
BharathKadhir

Re: TSO LOGON Procedure

Postby steve-myers » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:10 pm

You are asking two unrelated questions here; you really should move the question about ISPF panels to a more appropriate section of the forum.

Yes, you can run a TSO LOGON procedure in a batch job. This is done quite often. The EXEC and DD statements are essentially the same.

The DD statement TERM=TS parameter really applies to just TSO; in batch it is effectively the same as DD DUMMY.

There are two DD statements that are effectively different.

A DD statement with DD name SYSTSIN specifies a data set containing TSO commands for the TSO Terminal Monitor Program.

A DD statement with DD name SYSTSPRT specifies a data set where output processed by the TSO PUTLINE service routine is written. PUTLINE is used by the Terminal Monitor program and it may be used by specially written programs called Command Processors.

The TPUT and TGET macros, when executed by a batch program are effectively ignored.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby Pedro » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:03 am

and where it has been defined

It should be in SYS1.PROCLIB, or any related PROC dataset.

The proc data sets are defined in 'SYS1.PROCLIB(JES2)' as DD statements PROC00, PROC01, PROC02, etc... You have to take note of what logon proc you use when you logon to TSO and then search in those proc libraries for that member. Specify the proc data set name in your JCLLIB statement.
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Postby steve-myers » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:53 am

The location where an installation hides it logon procedures varies from installation to installation. One method to find them is to display your TSO session in SDSF, IOF or possibly CA-SYSVIEW. Look in the JESYSMSG data set. You should see a line, IEFC001I PROCEDURE xxxxxxx WAS EXPANDED USING SYSTEM LIBRARY ddddddd. Most likely all the logon procs for your system are in dddddd.

Pedro's solution is valid, but, to be certain, it is tied to JES2 parameters that you must also lookup. I have been in shops, by the way, where the JES2 startup JCL is not in SYS1.PROCLIB, and the logon procs are not in SYS1.PROCLIB. This is true for for the installation I used to get the IEFC001I message.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Postby BharathKadhir » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Thanks Steve and Pedro Also in few Logon Procs i see they have mentioned GLOBAL and mentioned Variables like A,B etc So how it will fetch
BharathKadhir

Postby Pedro » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 pm

in few Logon Procs i see they have mentioned GLOBAL and mentioned Variables like A,B etc So how it will fetch

It is not clear to me what you mean. Can you show us the code?
Pedro Vera
Pedro

Postby zeeshan002 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 am

A DD statement with DD name SYSTSPRT specifies a data set where output processed by the TSO PUTLINE service routine is written. PUTLINE is used by the Terminal Monitor program and it may be used by specially written programs called Command Processors.
Join online certkiller 220-802 and testking to pass exam 70-461 in first try. Our best quality and Northwestern University guide you well for real exam.
zeeshan002

Return to TSO & ISPF