PROC

JES, JES2, JCL utilities, IDCAMS, Compile & Run JCLs, PROCs etc...

PROC

Postby electrox » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:18 pm

USING PROC WITH IEBCOMPARE , HOW TO PASS SYSIN STATEMENT?
electrox

Re: PROC

Postby NicC » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Please do not SHOUT!
Your question is completely unclear to me - show what you mean. You probably have to read the JCL Users Guide and the JCL Language Reference manual.
The problem I have is that people can explain things quickly but I can only comprehend slowly.
Regards
Nic
NicC
Global moderator

Re: PROC

Postby steve-myers » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:54 pm

There is no program named IEBCOMPARE. You may mean IEBCOMPR. The mechanics of specifying a SYSIN dataset to a job step specified in a JCL catalogged procedure are discussed in the JCL manuals. This link points to the JCL User's Guide, this link points to the JCL Reference, this link points to the manual that describes the IEBCOMPR utility. If you encounter issues you do not understand while reading these manuals, and they can be difficult to understand, we can try to answer specific questions, though I doubt you will find many true experts for the IEBCOMPR utility lurking on this forum. We are not well equipped here to provide tutorials.

Just a personal opinion here: the controls provided in the IEBCOMPR SYSIN dataset are limited and are rarely used.
steve-myers
Global moderator

Return to JCL